Friday, September 25, 2009

Playing Post-vacation Catch-up

Here I am, sitting here at the computer, with my chai tea, reading the blogs I have been following, and enjoying the gloomy, misty day. It's fall! I like fall. Fall is when we take a vacation. Now you have to understand that vacation is a broad term for us--it may mean a missions trip, a camping trip, or a trip to Grand Junction to get apples. It might even mean taking time off to do a project around home. But this time we ventured out to Yellowstone and the Tetons. It was cold at night (we were prepared with a heater for our tent) but the days were gorgeous, until the last day there. It was cloudy, rainy, blustery...but the "moods" of the Grand Teton on that day were spectacular!

Anyway, I have several challenges to get caught up on, and I did two yesterday.

This card is totally different from anything I have ever made...but I sure do like it! I started by planning for the CAS31 "pop it up" challenge using dimensionals. The pumpkin inchies are popped up. But it also fits CAS 30 because I took those images off of a card I made years ago in a workshop and this works as a "remake". Then there have been two challenges for "bling" or "sparkle" that fit the use of heat and stick powder with glitter (CAS21 and CAS27). I used a 1 inch punch for the inchies and a MS border punch so that fits CAS07 to use punches. Have I missed any?
The paper is SU Kraft, black and mustard DP. The orange dot is CM. I used Black hemp for the cord.

This card is for this week's CAS33 sketch layout. Again, I used an image from an old workshop card that was done with the technique where you put drops of reinker on a baby wipe and use that for a "stamp pad". The pear was done with green galore, tempting turquoise, and yoyo yellow inks. I just cut the image out to make this card.

The card is crushed curry, and I used turquoise and white cs and a turquoise dp that matched. There are two layers of dimensionals...under the box and under the pear. The picture doesn't do the sentiment justice...it is really much clearer IRL.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

TrishG said...

Beautiful cards. I just followed you here from SCS and I love your cards. I followed your blog so I can be inspired by your work! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creations.