Thursday, May 28, 2009

Inspired by...

I particularly like to do inspiration challenges. Some are difficult for me, but sometimes things just "click" and I get something that I really like. I wanted to share some of my recent cards that are inspired by "something"...oftentimes clothing!

This first card is inspired by a new Life is Good tee. I used the single flower in Merci, and colored the outer half of the petals with Prismacolor Premier pencils. I then used the colorless blender pencil (also known as a burnisher) to smooth and blend the color out. It spreads the color a bit more into the centers of the flowers. The paper is heavyweight white and I stamped the flowers in Basic Black. The greeting is from the old SU! set Simple Sayings.

This card was inspired by my youngest granddaughter's t-shirt from Carters. They have the most adorable fabrics! The shirt was pale pink with an over-all flower design in orange, bright pink, and green. The paper for the card is Pirouette Pink, the flowers are stamped in Pixie Pink, Green Galore, and Pumpkin Pie. The stems are also Green Galore. The flower set is Big Blooms. Ribbon is from Michaels.

This last card was for the CAS11 challenge at SCS and was inspired by a JCPenney comforter. The card is Pink Passion. The flowers on the white panel are Pixie Pink, Rose Red, YoYo Yellow, Certainly Celery, and Taken with Teal. The flower stamps are from an assortment of SU! and CTMH sets, and the greeting is from Curvy Verses. The paper piercing on the corners of the card completes the card.

No comments: